About Me

My photo
I was commissioned as a Church Army Officer in 2000, and spent 9 years working in parishes, mainly with children and families. In 2009, I began ordination training at Ripon College Cuddesdon. I married Clare in July 2000, and our first child, Nathan, arrived on September 22nd 2010.

Monday 28 March 2011

One term to go!

5 terms through my training, only one to go now! These last few weeks have been a time of transition, as one-by-one, I have passed on various roles I have had in college life to others. I have organised my last election, calculated my last bar bill, and prepared my last Kids' Church session. If it weren't for the essays still to finish, I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

That's not strictly true, of course! Although it's quite a lot of pressure, I am sort of pleased that the essay deadline is at the start of next term (May 2nd), as it will leave the rest of the term to focus on the awesome prospect of ordination later in the year. I won't actually be ordained until September 10th, later than most of my colleagues here, but we will still be sharing the preparation time together.

In the meantime, however, these essays need to be done! We've had a week away, but now it's regular trips to the library. Ideally, I want them finished by Holy Week, which we experience together as a college community this year. As part of my goal to achieve 'competence and confidence' in liturgical signing this year, I have joined the choir for Holy Week, so am learning to sing in parts for the first time. It's very tricky singing the tenor line, when the tune I know is being sung by someone else!! But I am enjoying learning, and it will be a useful skill to have in the future, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment