About Me

My photo
I was commissioned as a Church Army Officer in 2000, and spent 9 years working in parishes, mainly with children and families. In 2009, I began ordination training at Ripon College Cuddesdon. I married Clare in July 2000, and our first child, Nathan, arrived on September 22nd 2010.

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Another milestone

I am just back from leading Choral Evensong at Exeter College Chapel!

It feels very good to have got to the stage where I can do this sort of thing at a competent level! I was rather nervous leading up to it, so it was good to be able to practice the responses with the choir beforehand (one reason why I was nervous - since they are all far better singers than I am!) After a couple of hiccups in rehearsal, I felt ready to go for it!

In the event, I noticed myself relaxing into it as the service went on. The chaplain said it was good, and a fellow ordinand who came along (much appreciated, Ant!) said that he noticed how my voice filled the space - which was very encouraging, as anyone who knows me knows that my voice is not the most commanding! Some of the choir afterwards were positive too!

I have signed up to be part of the college choir for Holy Week. There won't be any solo singing...but it will be a way for me to learn about singing the tenor's part in a choir.

Overall, I am really pleased that one of my goals for the year (confidence and competence in liturgical singing) is progressing nicely, thanks to God and several very supportive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment