About Me

My photo
I was commissioned as a Church Army Officer in 2000, and spent 9 years working in parishes, mainly with children and families. In 2009, I began ordination training at Ripon College Cuddesdon. I married Clare in July 2000, and our first child, Nathan, arrived on September 22nd 2010.

Monday 13 September 2010

Curacy!

We're still waiting for this baby to decide that he/she wants to leave the comfort of the womb, so in the meantime, how about some curacy news?

The news is that we know where we will be going next year! It has been announced in the parish, so I am now free to tell people: I will be curate in the Ebbsfleet Team Ministry, which is the parishes of Northfleet & Rosherville.

Clare & I went to visit a few weeks ago, and met the Team Rector and a few people from the churches and community. Lawrence (the Rector) seems like he will be a great colleague to work with, and the community, whilst fairly needy in places, has a good feel to it. The day we visited was a fun day organised by and for a particular street, with the church being involved, and there was a great atmosphere about the place. Everyone we met was enthusiastic about the possibility of us going there, which was nice and affirming! We will be making another visit at some point this autumn.

With everything else happening, it is really good to know where we will be going next year. There are details to be sorted out, of course, but it leaves me free to focus on the new college year, as well as being a dad, without having to take lots of trips back to Rochester Diocese.

There's only a few of us who are leaving next year who have our curacies sorted, so please pray for everyone who is still looking, especially those who are being released by their sending Dioceses.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting - just getting my curacy sorted too - I'll include you in my prayers today.

    Rachel at Re vis.e Re form

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, hope it's going well! Without saying more than you can on a public blog, whereabouts are you going? Which Diocese is it, for example?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Chris- and so usefull when so much else is going to be in turmoil as you adjust to having a new baby. Its good to hear some people are organised re their curacy as I've heard of others who are still waiting to be able to sort a curacy out.
    Looking forward to meeting you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, jante - it is a relief that there's one less thing to worry about this year! Looking forward to meeting you too, although we may not be around on the day you move in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris
    I'll be serving in the Derby diocese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel
    Interesting - I used to work for St. Peter's Church in the centre of Derby, so I know that diocese a little. When it's public, I'd love to know which church you'll be going to!

    ReplyDelete